Nestled between Hayden Lake, Lake Coeur d’Alene and multiple forests, Life Care Center of Coeur d’Alene is ideally located for outdoor activities. However, the area also features many indoor attractions. For a day trip, we suggest:
- The Holiday Light Show occurs every Christmas season and features a Christmas tree more than twice the size of the tree in Rockefeller Center in New York City. Visitors are treated to thousands of lights synchronized with Christmas songs, as well as holiday cruises, a parade, fireworks and Santa Claus.
- The Idaho Panhandle National Forests are comprised of three forests: Coeur d’Alene, Kaniksu and Saint Joe National Forests. Originally famous for precious metals and gems, the forests now have an abundance of wildlife, hiking trails, rivers and hunting and fishing opportunities.
- Visit Spokane is the Spokane, Washington, visitors bureau. It features links and information regarding accommodations, activities, events, shopping and dining in the area.
- Silver Mountain Resort is home to two mountains, with opportunities for skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing and other outdoor winter activities. The resort also features the largest indoor water park in the state. During the summer, golfing and hiking are popular activities for visitors.
- Triple Play Family Fun Park has an abundance of activities for families to enjoy, including miniature golf, go-karts, bowling, a climbing wall, a playground, laser tag and bumper boats. The facility also features a two-story indoor water park with slides, activities and a Jacuzzi.